cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egnyte Connect App - How much is left to sync?

Egnyte Connect App - How much is left to sync?

Hi,

I am using the Egnyte Drive App on Windows 7.  I've added files using windows explorer (~ 4 GB worth).  The Egnyte icon in the system tray has the grey sync circle, but I have no idea how much longer it will be until it is done syncing.  Is there any way to tell how much is left to be uploaded or see the queue of files waiting to be uploaded?

Thanks,

Jim

16 Comments
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi Jim,

This option is available on Egnyte Drive application for MAC. The menu bar icon shows the progress. Unfortuntely, this has not yet been introduced in the Egnyte Drive/Egnyte Desktop App on Windows. 

I will check with the Product Team to see if there are any immediate plans to introduce this feature. I will write back to you once I have more information on this. 

Thanks

Sagar

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hello Jim,

I got an update from the Product Team on the question you had posted on the forum.

Currently we only show that a sync is in progress in the Desktop App. However, in our next minor release we plan to have a proper progress indicator that shows # of files pending upload. There will be more work done on this after we roll out the above feature and monitor it.

Thank you for time and patience.

Regards

Sagar

Steward

In the mean time as a work-around, Egnyte support showed me that if you unmount the drive (using the settings dialog) it will tell you how much is remaining to be uploaded.

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi Brian,

Yes, you are right. You can look at it this way. But as you rightly mentioned, it is a work around. It will be a frustrating thing to do this everytime. Plus, something on lines of a progress bar is already under works. 

I hope this new feature gets you what you are looking for. 

Thanks

Vigilante

Hi there.  Any update on when this will be released for windows?

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi Jim,

Sorry, but this will take some more time. We are introducing something which has not been a part of this app and thus the delay. I see that since the last update to this post, it has just been one release of the Desktop App.

You will see the difference when the feature is released.  We appreciate your patience and co-operation.

Thanks.

how's that minor update coming along?

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @asdfasdghdsjnhytjdmyjhfm,

This has not been released yet. But I asked the Product Team for an update on this. I will write back as soon as I have one. 

Thanks

Employee
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

We are actively working on the release that includes progress indicator that shows number of pending upload files. We are in the final stage of the release and customers should expect to receive upgrade notifications soon.

You can also 'follow' this Desktop App section to receive email notifications whenever we post new update!

Recruit

Only showing the number of files does not solve this problem.  We need to see how much data is left to be uploaded.  # of files is nice to see, total size of files remain is a must.