cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egnyte as cloud storage provider in Microsoft Teams

Egnyte as cloud storage provider in Microsoft Teams

All the other "big" providers are available as cloud storage in Microsoft Teams, it would be fantastic if Egnyte was available for us to use!

15 Comments
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Leslie,

Did you get a chance to look at Egnyte's Integration with MS Teams ? You can browse through the following link to know more about this integration. 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000999611-Egnyte-for-Microsoft-Teams

Feel free to write back with your feedback. 

Thanks

I have also been waiting for the cloud storage option in teams to come online. I've been communicating with egnyte support and discovered that they have this all ready to go and are waiting on Microsoft to turn it on. I discovered this Microsoft feedback site and there was only one vote for the feature. Everyone who desires this should go to that site and vote. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public?query=Egnyte

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

David,

Thank you for posting the link to the forum. I am sure there will be a lot of users who will be casting their votes for this feature. 

I request all users looking for this feature along with MS teams to put in their votes on the link David has provided.

Thanks

Sagar, I wasn't aware of the integration but am using it now.  Its a good start but I'm anxious for the storage option as well.  I'm adding my vote at the link that David posted.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Leslie,

I had a word from the Integrations Team @ Egnyte about this request. 

This is something we have been working on and the technical work on our end has been done for months now. The hold is from the MSFT to compete their side.

If you have any of your contact at MSFT like your MSFT account manager, then I would recommend that you ask them to have Egnyte on-boarded as a place in Teams. You see such customer requests help us move the MSFT product team to speed up things from their end.

Hope that helps. 

Thank you for your patience and co-operation.

I just looked at the Microsoft community. They added a new comment with a broader scope, suggesting the addition of support for multiple cloud storage providers including egnyte. They moved the votes for the egnyte cloud storage over to that comment which now has 15 votes and the original comment only has one vote. Getting votes for this seems to be harder than I thought! I've asked everyone I know to vote, but I wonder if we will be successful with this low of a turnout. Microsoft may not pay attention to egnyte because of its relatively small user base compared to Dropbox and Box.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Thank you for your efforts David. Since this is dependent on MSFT now, our hands are tied too. I just hope this request gathers enough votes for MSFT folks to divert their attention to Egnyte.

We appreciate your update on this post. 

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Dependent on Microsoft.

Marc Kravitz
Steward

Hey ya'll - it's been almost a year! You need to push Microsoft to add you!!!!

2019-01-04_14-47-44.png