cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Files to Egnyte folder

Email Files to Egnyte folder

Is it possible to email files into Egnyte?

91 Comments
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

Alisha Smith
Vigilante

We have used Box for a couple years now but our company is switching over to Egnyte this summer. One of my favorite features was that I could generate an email address for a folder that I could send to my subs where they could email files to this address & it would upload into that corresonding folder. Does Egnyte have this feature? I understand that we can share links however the email address is preferred. Thanks!

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Hi @Alisha Smith, welcome to Egnyte and thanks for the question! 

We don't have the email address capability. We use upload links for this function, which it sounds like you're aware of. But just in case you're not, I'll describe it quickly here.

Select the folder to where you'd like others to upload their files, select "Share..." then "Request Files from Others." Here, you can decide whether you want the files uploaded into separate folders per recipient or all files in the folder, not specified by recipient.

If this doesn't solve your needs, we'd love for you to submit the request to our Ideas board so our Products team can review it and other members can vote on / show support for the idea. It would also help to define how this method would be more beneficial to your use case than the upload link as is. 

Thanks for the input!

Kim Isaksen1
Steward

Emailitin poses both a security threat for sensitive material, and is also an uncertain businesspartner to rely on for key functionality as it is a one man shop. If they for some reason goes out of business, my invoice reception system fails. 

So

+ one on this.

DimaB
Steward

Testing Mail2Cloud now. It seems works well and does have a nice setting. It could have more control and I am not sure how they handle security yet.

Keebo
Deputy

I also think having the ability to send files to an email address for uploading to a certain folder on Egnyte would be very helpful.   ShareFile currenlty provides this capability.  One use I have for it involves a certain scanner that can only scan to email or local computers and mobile apps. I would like to scan things directly to Egnyte from this scanner by sending them to an email address that would upload the scanned file to a designated folder on Egnyte. I know I can scan to a desktop and transfer to an Egnyte folder but that is laborious and I don't always have a computer on when scanning.  Direct scanning to a network folder on Egnyte is the ultimate solution. I can do this via FTP on certain scanners but some scanners only have scan to email options, local scanning or third-paty apps for services like DropBox etc. to scan to.  It would also help when trying to upload certain email attachments to Egnyte from certain mail clients that aren't readily transferrable to Egnyte in other ways.   Thank you.

Keebo
Deputy

Wow, the original request for this feature was 8 years ago ^..^  For what its worth I'm going to add my voice and ardent support for this to be added and integrated into the set of Egnyte file transfer and upload options. Having the ability to email files to certain folders can be very helpful.  I do this with Evernote quite a bit and another cloud file storage service called ShareFile has this option available as well.  One helpful use is being able to directly connect to network folders like Egnyte from scanners that only have scan-to-email-options for sending files to remote destinations.  I have one scanner connected with ftp but another scanner that only does local scanning and scan to email, and for that I could use email addresses to send files directly to Egnyte. Please continue to push for this development - thank you :). 

Keebo
Deputy

Another great thread related to the same feature request can be found here: Email Files to Egnyte Folder

Nfpro
Vigilante

As someone in the construction industry (I'm sure every industry has this issue) we deal with dozens of reports each week that get sent out via email which need to uploaded manually. Having an email address accosiated with each folder would be extremely beneficial.