cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Files to Egnyte folder

Email Files to Egnyte folder

Is it possible to email files into Egnyte?

93 Comments

I will chime in here as well.  With the lack of "credentialess" uploads, this would be a good compromise.  We have  vendors who really don't want to remember what their user account and link is when they upload artwork, nor are they going to want to install software to sync.  Email links would be helpful and this is something that the competition offers. 

Resident

Is their a timeline for this functionality?  This is a must for Egnyte going forward!!  

Resident

For those of us using Egnyte to keep project based folders the value of this functionality would be immeasurable!  As we correspond on a project, being able to forward to an Egnyte folder would be allow much more thorough record keeping.

Vigilante

Our staff is starting to use Egnyte. This was the first feature that someone asked about having.

Resident

Staff here are just used to keeping Outlook open all day using Outlook to email documents, calendaring, etc. and in our case to make quick one step deposits of attachments/emails to a financial research management system (Advent Tamale) that we maintain. The bulk upload is fine for me but the response I get is usually well why can't I just use Outlook to send documents or deposit attachments I have received directly into an Egnyte folder of mine ?

Integrating with www.ifttt.com would solve this as well as creating lots of new implied functionality. 

Vigilante

Resolved some of this issue with just using Map Drive. Usually staff get an email with an attachment or open up a i.e. PDF that they want to save to an Egnyte folder.  A Save As on the attachment or opened document into the mapped Egnyte Drive with Private/Shared folders accomplishes what most staff here want.

Resident

Can you let us know if email to folder is pegged for development please.

If so when is it likely to be released?

I too have a requirement for this and most other cloud providers support this method of uploading documents.

Our company has a need for this function.  Please add !!!!   Thanks!

Sugarsync now also has that option for some time

+1 my vote for this feature