cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notifications when a user downloads a file

Email Notifications when a user downloads a file

We would really find it as a benefit if there was a way to be able and get notified via email or even thru the login screen when we login to the site when someone downloads a file from a folder we are admin of.  We used to use another vendor(before egnyte) that allowed this feature and it was great.  I see there was some requests last year about notifications but sounds like it still is not implemented.  Could be wrong though on that one. 

5 Comments
Helen Ieronimo
Resident

This is an imperative feature that needs to form part of Egnyte, there was a previous thread on this that I can no longer find and wondered what the status of this is. It is not only for users that download notifications need to be provided, but also when the link is sent to a non-user. We can't possibly register everyone that we send a link to but need to have some kind of confirmation that they have downloaded the file. This is a requirement for our processes to run smoothly and to be able to track who has downloaded and who hasn't. Please advise Egnyte.

Thanks

Chris34
Resident

Hi Helen, thanks for your request.  I responded to your post in the other thread, and thanks again for highlighting this feature.

Can i receive the link to that thread? I'm new on here and am looking for the same thing!!!

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hi Lorraine,

You can read about how to do this (and other security features) in this helpdesk article.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/entries/22219356-How-Do-I-Make-a-File-Link-More-Secure-

Let me know if you have any more questions...

Trey

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Moving from the Configurations board to the Ideas board since this was a feature request. 

This idea was launched in 2013.