cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Retention Policy

File Retention Policy

Hi,

We really need a feature where files uploaded to a particular folder with file retention policy are automatically deleted.  Consider how files are automatically purged after 30 days when sent to trash.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
12 Comments
Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

We're considering options for retention management - I don't have details now, but it is something that we're looking into.

vklonis
Resident

This is highly desirable due to GDPR requirements

Sudhir9
Deputy

Thnaks Greg.

Why not leverage Egnyte Sync for this? You could sync X folder(s) on a server/workstation and have a Powershell script delete items older than 30 days locally. This deletion would then (in theory) sync back to the cloud, deleting it from Egnyte as well. It would also be recoverable through Trash, which has yet another retention period applied (again, in theory :) )

JT
Resident

I echo the need for this due to GDPR.

Marc Kravitz
Steward

I'd like to throw my hat in on this as well. I think with HIPAA and GDPR this is a question that is coming up more and more. 

To tack on, account wide or folder specific 5-10 year file retention policies would be amazing if possible. Hypothecially, if there could be an automated way for Egnyte to delete those files after that alloted amount of time that would be cool

Allen Babaran2
Vigilante
We absolutely need this, as evidently, many others do.
EricBos
Resident

Any update on this item? Would be really useful!

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Egnyte Protect now has a retention module that allows for defining retention policies for data stored in Egnyte Connect.  The feature includes mandatory retention (blocks deletion of content while under the retention period) and will very soon include the ability to automatically delete that has passed its retention requirement.

Allen Babaran2
Vigilante
Fantastic! Is there documentation somewhere that guides us on how to use this feature?