Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File and Directory Listing

File and Directory Listing

0 Votes

Originally from ticket #102048.

Hi,

Is it possible to get a listing of all my directories and files hosted on Egnyte? I need a report that list directory, then sub-director(ies) then files.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Allison

Tags (1)
6 Comments
Chris34
Resident

Hi Allison,

Thanks for your question.  Are you looking for a permissions report or a printout of all the folders?

While there is no explicit way to print out folder and file structures right from the browser interface, there is software available on the web that allows you to print the folder and file structure of mapped drives as well as folders saved on your desktop or server.  Using this software, you may be able to extract the folder and file structure from Mapped Drive and/or Local Cloud.

Hi,

I too, would like an audit of my Egnyte files. Why doesn't Egnyte provide a listing in a simple text file that I can pick up from Egnyte ?

Regards

Warren

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hi Warren,

We have a feature called the "Folder Size Report" which shows how many files are stored in each folder, and how large each folder is in terms of MB. This allows you to see which folders are the largest and partially addresses the concerns you raise. That said, I see how being able to have a full directory view would be useful. I will bring it up with the reporting team.

Thanks for your business and for taking the time to make a product suggestion,

Trey

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt answer but the "Folder Size Report" is not what is being asked for, neither is a "full directory view". What is being asked for is a list of files (ie: file names) that Egnyte is hosting.

Q1 - Does Egnyte have any facility for providing me with a list of files currently hosted?

Q2 - Is it possible to connect to Egnyte (Via FTP/DOS) to then perform a DIR of a folder (Which could then be output to text?)

Regards,

Warren.

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hi Warren,

We don't currently have the facility that you mention in your first question. However, I have experimented with the DIR command and this works if you have Egnyte folders mapped locally. 

http://www.computerhope.com/dirhlp.htm

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Trey

Hi. DOS commands are not working. I have map drive and can go into directories but can not list the files.