cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Permissions - More Options

Folder Permissions - More Options

I'd like to request more options with folder permissions.  For instance, I need some users to be able to view/upload/download, but not necessarily edit.  I don't want certain users to have the ability to rename certain folders, but be able to upload to that folder.  Maybe a checkbox where we can select what permissions a group or user can have instead of it being all or nothing for the power users.

6 Comments
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to us with your feature request suggestion. 

As you already know there are only 4 permissions available on Egnyte. The one you are suggesting is a bit tricky in terms of its functionality. However, I will make sure that it reaches the right set of eyes to be considered for a future enhancement. 

Thanks again for your suggestion and for using Egnyte. I'll post back any updates on this forum.

Thanks

Caleb Scharf1
Resident

Adding a "Reviewer/Contributor" permission would be very helpful.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Caleb,

Thank you for the additional improvement suggestion. I will add your suggestion to the above list. 

Thanks

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: Considering

ITPro
Recruit

I also agree, adding a "Reviewer/Contributor" permission would be very helpful.  Has there been any update to this?

Our business generates files that, for legal reasons can't be modified or deleted after being saved.  Nor do we want them to be accidently moved or changed due to their sensitivity.  This new permission would suite this scenario perfectly and give us confidence that if the file was saved in a folder with these permissions, it will always remain there in it's original form, squashing any suspicion something being missing and preventing the need to dig through the recyle bin or some complex audit log, just to prove so. 

Preventing the problem from occuring is far better then monitoring or audting after it has already occured and then spending the time on resolving the problem.  This permission would do just that.