cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder quota?

Folder quota?

0 Votes

Originally from ticket #106611.

Is there a way to set space quota's on folders? For example, I created a Technology folder for our staff but I would like to limit the amount of space it can use to around 10GB.

8 Comments
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hello Gabriel,

At present, there is no way to set folder quotas using Egnyte. We are exploring a quota system, but this would be user-based. 

Which would be more useful to you: user-based quotas or folder-based quotas?

Thanks for your feedback,

Trey

Gabriel Gador
Resident

The option to do both would be GREAT, but if I had to choose between the two, user-based quotas would be my choice.

Retired Employee

Gotcha. Thanks for the quick response. 

Joel Clardy1
Resident

I agree with both...I had a group of users that went from 30G to 260G in about a year.  Cant seem to get them to delete stuff at the moment.  Setting a hard limit and making them choose would be GREAT!

Joel Clardy1
Resident

I agree with both...I had a group of users that went from 30G to 260G in about a year.  Cant seem to get them to delete stuff at the moment.  Setting a hard limit and making them choose would be GREAT!

Retired Employee

Hey Joel,

We've heard a number of requests for both folder and user quotas and this is something that we are exploring for a future release. We know it's an administrative hurdle not having them.

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to make a feature suggestion.

Trey

Gabriel Gador
Resident

BUMP - any progress on this?  I think it's almost a requirement to have this feature to be honest, to keep users from going nuts like what's happening in Joel's case.

Gabe

Retired Employee

Hi Gabe,

I'm sorry to say that I don't have any updates on this. We realize it's a hot-topic for some of our customers, so I appreciate your patience. I will post any updates I receive back to this forum.

Thanks for your business,

Trey