cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with One Drive

Integration with One Drive

Since One Drive is by default added into every windows computer. OneDrive integration will be perfect to have access.

If this is considered, the administrator should able to specify which user gets to use OneDrive and what information can go onto the OneDrive.

This will be particularly helpful in playing media files.

Tags (1)
7 Comments

Hi Ruchir,

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you provide some more details on what you have in mind? In particular, I'm interested in how you envision such an integration working and how it would be useful for you.

Thanks,
Shyam

Ruchir Bhatt
Resident

We should be able to have access to the files/folders in One Drive that are specified in Egnyte that could be shared From the egnyte web interface (either from settings or from the folder/file menu).

Currently, i have 3 PCs in the home and for me to play a movie/music in a playlist or even otherwise over bluetooh, i cannot do that without downloaded all the songs to my local drive or download Egnyte localcloud on each computer. However each PC/tabletPC comes with the OneDrive as a 'MappedDrive' and it does not require downloading a local copy of the file in order for it play. This will allow a much cleaner and smoother end user experience.

Thanks,

Ruchir

Thanks for the extra details Ruchir. This isn't on our short-term roadmap, but understanding the use case here is helpful in determining our longer term plans.

In the meantime, there are a couple of things that might help you:
1. You can preview audio/video files directly from the web interface with Egnyte, without having to download them
2. You can use our map drive feature, which allows you to access cloud files from the convenience of a lettered drive -- without data being stored locally on your computer (see the link below).
https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201638404-Map-Drive-Installation

Jess Davis
Resident

To piggyback on this converstaion because it very related to what I want...

I want to be able to access all files (with their appropriate permissions) from sharepoint.  Not a windowed app but true integration where sharepoint just sees egnyte files as another storage location.  Is this on the roadmap?

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Jess,

I will surely have a word with the Product Team and get back to you on this. Currently I don't see One Drive integration with Egnyte available. 

You can browse this link to see the current integrations available: - 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/categories/203160148

Regards

Sagar.

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Employee chapman
Employee
Status changed to: Declined