cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let end-users know why their deleted files are reappearing

Let end-users know why their deleted files are reappearing

0 Kudos

When non-Admins or users without "delete" permissions delete a file in a folder, that file reappears without alerting them as to why it is reappearing, which can be frustrating to the user.

When this happens, provide a notification to that user that the file cannot be deleted due to permissions and let them know they can discuss permissions with their Admin or explain how they can see who has delete permissions.

3 Comments
Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Needs Info

@JulieM - can you give more details on where you're seeing this? is it with one of our desktop applications?

JulieM
Deputy

In the WebUI. If I go into a folder, select a file, and select "Delete," that file will soon reappear in that same folder. I believe the same occurs when trying to move a file or folder. It depends on the permissions in that folder as to whether or not the file reappears when I try to delete it.

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager

I think you'll need to reach out to our support team since the behavior you mention is not expected.  The Web UI won't allow users to delete files / folders if their permissions don't allow it.  We'd want to look at specific examples to see how the file was re-uploaded.