cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log-in option for changed password

Log-in option for changed password

0 Votes

Originally from ticket #120128.

I have a "group" of users(3 to a team) who share the same login username & password (they work 3 different shifts). Our policy is: if a user's employment is terminated, our Admin immediately changes the password for that group. Because we do not send passwords via email, if we were to miss informing a user of the change, it would be helpful (perhaps an option) to show the dialog box for an invalid password/username from "Invalid Username/Password. Try Again" to "Try again. If you receive this message again, the password may have changed. Please call (800) 123-4567 (24/7) to obtain the correct username/password". This message, or a similar one, could be entered by the Admin as an optional setting.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/categories/567-community-discussions

3 Comments
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hi Norman,

Customizing error messages with customer-specific information like you have described is something that we have discussed as an enhancement for our existing custom branding kit. However, I will bring up this specific request with our product manager for User Interface.

Thanks for your business, and for taking some time to share some feedback on the product.

• Trey
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Declined

Egnyte does not support having multiple users share the same user account (it is against our terms of service), so I'm marking this as declined.