cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Support for Egnyte Connect Desktop App & Turbo

Mac Support for Egnyte Connect Desktop App & Turbo

What is the timeline for feature parity between Mac and Windows desktop/sync clients?

We are keen to trial On-Premises Caching features with Mac OS clients.

Historically we have observed detrimental performance and reliability issues when connecting Mac OS finder to CIFS/SMB (rather than AFP), so we would prefer to use the desktop client rather than relying on mapping LAN-situated Mac clients directly to Storage Sync.

9 Comments
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Alexander,

The Turbo connect is still in beta. There is no additional info about the support for MAC clients. Please allow me to check on this with the Product Management Team and I will write back as soon as I get an update.

Regards

Sagar

Hi Alexander,

The Desktop App is currently available for Windows only. We are actively working on the Mac version and hope to have it released in a few months.

Thanks.

Cara de Freitas Bart

Product Manager for Turbo

Hi Team,

Are there any updates regarding anticipated availability of Turbo for Mac? Please contact me directly to discuss early release testing.

Kind regards,

Alex

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Alexander,

I am checking with the Product Team about the  progress on this. This product is in beta version and we are trying to bring the perfect user experience. I will write back as soon as I have an update from them.

Thanks

Hi Team,

Are there any updates from the Product Team regarding anticipated availability of Turbo for Mac?

Best,

Alex

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Alex,

Not yet. I have written to them though. I will pass on the update to you as soon as I have more information. 

Thanks

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

We plan to release the Mac version of Desktop App with support for Turbo in February 2018

Do we have an updated timeline for the release of the Egnye Connect for Mac client (with support for Turbo)? We'd anticipated this being released in February.

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered

The Mac version of Desktop App that supports Turbo was released at the end of March 2018