cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Teams Integration

Microsoft Teams Integration

Within the Microsoft Teams home dashboard the team has the ability to manage their team files and upload files to share with the rest of the team.  Right now these files are stored in sharepoint or onedrive but we'd like the ability to utilize our company Egnyte shares for this instead.  It will allow us to keep all of our company files in Egnyte and not spread between sharepoint, onedrive, and Egnyte.  

Tags (1)
15 Comments

Hi Aaron,

We have a comprehensive plan to integrate with Microsoft Teams at multiple touch points to cover various use cases. The first of the integration is slated to be released in a couple of weeks from now. 

Can you please send me an email at droy@egnyte.com so that , I can reach out to you once we release our first integration with Teams.

Regards,

Dibyendu 

Egnyte for Microsoft Teams is LIVE and available for use. The App is also available in Microsoft Teams App Store.

Aaron Froberg
Resident

I don't see an egnyte option from my teams interface.  How can I add it as a storage option?

Thanks.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Aaron,

Have you already been through the following link : - https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000999611-Egnyte-for-Microsoft-Teams

If you have, then can you send us a screenshot of what you see on your end after following the steps in the above article ?

Thanks

Sagar

I also would like to see an option to set egnyte as a storage option, currently competitors are out there. I would assume this has been acknowledged, is there any ETA?

Karen Eckert
Resident

Aaron,

You have to add Egnyte to each Team by clicking the "+" on the right pane for the Team. It is explained in this article: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000999611

Hope this helps,

Karen

Aaron Froberg
Resident

Hi Karen,

I was referring to the lack of option to add egnyte as a storage option as mentioned by Peter above.  It sounds like that integration is still coming after experiencing a few hangups.  We also use SSO so resolving the issues with having that enabled and using this integration is also a must for us.  

Thanks.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello Aaron,

This integration has recently been introduced. I will write to the Product Team to see if there is anything on the road map for adding Egnyte as a Storage Option.

Also at present, the app does not work for Egnyte domains that have enabled single sign-on. We are working to address this limitation.

Thanks

Sagar

Jonathan Weiss
Vigilante

Hi Sagar,

Is there any update on using Egnyte as a storage option for Teams?

Thank you,

Jon

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry, but I still do not have any info on this one. I have written to the Product Management Team already asking for an update and I will surely update this post once I have more info. 

Thanks