cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi folder permission assignment

Multi folder permission assignment

Please allow bulk operations on folder permissions. For example, I have 14 folders total. I want to set a specific Group permission on 10 of the 14 folders at once. Currently, you have to individually select each of the 10 folders to apply the security group. This feature will greatly increase end user efficiency by reducing the amount of clicks necessary to complete a task.

This topic mentioned this over 2 years ago and it hasn't been implemented. https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200858724-Multi-Folder-Permission-Assign...

29 Comments

Dear Shyam,

in your official answer it looks to me, that Egnyte has a solution also for this request: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200859604-Copy-FOLDER-TEMPLATES-INCLUDIN...

If we can set permissions for a group of folders and subfolders in one go, it has the same result than copy an existing folder structure with granular permissions.

Who would be the right contact person who can help us with that public API?

Many thanks!

WERNER @ 1/22/2015

Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Hi Werner,

For the time being, using our Public API may indeed be the best way for you to deal with this use case. Please send a note to api-support@egnyte.com for more details. Someone from our API & Integrations team will get in touch with you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Shyam

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the writing to us. This post is monitored by our Product Development team. Even though this has not been implemented yet, please do not consider that this has been overlooked.

It might happen that this feature has not found its place in the product roadmap yet. I am sure there must have been some challenges they faced due to which there has been a delay in implementing this feature. But when this comes through, it will be announced in the Announcement section of the helpdesk.

Thank you once again for your time and patience.

Regards
Sagar.

Bob Berryman
Resident

That would be an awesome feature!

Stefan van Maar
Vigilante

Hi,

Before I email the API & Integrations team I was wondering whether there has been development with this functionality since the post above?

I would like to set permissions for a group of folders and subfolders in one go as well.

Thanks,

Stefan

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Stefan,

Unfortunately no. There is still no way to assign permissions to multiple folders at once. In the meanwhile you can look at our Public API to deal with this. Here is a link for more information: - https://developers.egnyte.com/docs

regards

Sagar.

Hi Sagar,

Thanks for your reply.

we actually have been chatting/discussing/waiting for such feature since May 2012 already.

kindly check, if such feature is already on the roadmap?

Is there anymore information your API & integration team can share on this functionality?

Thanks!

Werner

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Werner,

I sure will. The public API suggestion was for user who still would want this to work out in a different way.

Regards

Sagar.

Matthew Cole
Resident

Yes please. We could REALLY do with this feature! And the ability to pass the permissions down to existing subfolders IF desired. I have hundreds of subfolders and need to make the same change in permissions to all. 

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Matthew,

Thank you for writing to us. I understand the difficulty you must be facing if you face a similar situation like other users participating in this topic. 

I will add your vote as a +1 for this feature request. Your vote only pushes the importance of this feature a bit more. 

Regards

Sagar.