cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi folder permission assignment

Multi folder permission assignment

Please allow bulk operations on folder permissions. For example, I have 14 folders total. I want to set a specific Group permission on 10 of the 14 folders at once. Currently, you have to individually select each of the 10 folders to apply the security group. This feature will greatly increase end user efficiency by reducing the amount of clicks necessary to complete a task.

This topic mentioned this over 2 years ago and it hasn't been implemented. https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200858724-Multi-Folder-Permission-Assign...

29 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue for us and in collaboration with third parties.

Internally, we have "Image Bank" folders for all of our projects, but externally I need to share about 20 of them with a Standard User partner.

I will need to manually add the user to each one of the 20 folders one-by-one because we cannot make a global change with search results or directory selections.

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to us. Your vote certainly is important and it counts. Its a +1 on this from you. 

Regards

Sagar

Resident

Yes, please implement this feature, it would be really helpful.

Thanks

I've run into a need for bulk permission setting and have instead had to waste time setting permissions individually. +1 for the ability to bulk set - I know its 4 years after this first post, but hey, it would still be helpful.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

Retired Employee
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

Retired Employee
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New