cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting Groups

Nesting Groups

Hi, can you please add functionality to allow the nesting of groups.  This will improve the management of permissions immensely.

Thanks

Tags (1)
24 Comments
Resident

Hi,

This is a good, i have the same issue, using group, but in this way that mike wrote it will be a good way to handling lot of users internt and externt.

/Stefan Belin

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Thank you for writing to us Stefan. I will consider you as +1 on this feature request.

Thanks

Sagar.

Vigilante

Hi guys, 

any updates on the subject?  

Pleases add +1  on the feature request

cheers

Chris

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your vote. I have added you as +1 on this request. 

Sadly there has not been any update on this yet. However, I just wanted to let you know that this is not going un-noticed. 

I will write back once there is any concrete news on this.

Regards

Sagar.

Deputy

Hi, Please add me as a +1 to this feature as well. We have determined that having this nesting groups and permissions will help streamline and keep permissions clean/organized. Thanks.

Good Citizen

Hi, I would also like to voice my support for this one.  RBAC type controls are common in the Windows AD world, and make management of the permissions very easy. Rather than having to add a user to many groups for access, I add them to their respective role in the company, and that role is already nested in access groups to resources.

Vigilante

I want to give this another vote.  Nested groups are one of the things we struggle with most as we move to egnyte.  We basically have to change from the nested structure (where each user is just in a couple groups for file access) to a per folder group.  So where there was initially just 3 or 4 security groups, there are now upwards of 10 or 20 (or more in some cases).

Having nested groups would be a godsend for us, in addition to the migration woes it would solve, when onboarding new employees it would greatly speed up the process.

Steward

+1 from me too, nested groups are a must

Deputy
+1000 Just something as simple as having regional groups  such as EMEA, North America, LATAM, APAC, etc then rolling the regional groups into a Global group without having to add each individual into the global, would be awesome.
+1 We would love to use this for project-bases access.