cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office AutoSave Ability

Office AutoSave Ability

Hello,

It appears that Egnyte is not a supported autosave file location for Office 2016.  Is there any plans to make this option available with Egnyte?  Not having autosave available adds risk to our office users editing files by forcing them to manually save in the event of an application or PC crash. 

Thanks.

Tags (1)
13 Comments
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Aaron,

I personally do not have Office 2016 to test this. Let me have this checked in house and write back to you. 

Thanks

Sagar

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Aaron,

I got an update on this one. What I learnt from the Product Team is that this is not an integration that has existed as of yet. However, in the long run, we are part of a Microsoft program called CSPP which will turn Egnyte into a place across Microsoft properties. Sadly, this will take a very long time to roll out to all Microsoft products.

For the desktop users, if you have the Egnyte Desktop app, you should be able to save directly to Egnyte. On mobile too, Egnyte is a place in Office Mobile.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks & Regards

Sagar

Michael Rea1
Vigilante

Aaron

In your use case, are you saving to the Egnyte Cloud location via Office client?

Or are you saving to the On-Prem VM Appliance?

Aaron Froberg
Resident

I am opening the documents via the cloud mapped drive.  

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Aaron, 

Did you try adding Egnyte as a location on your Office Apps ? You can go through the link below and see if this helps: -  https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201638864-Egnyte-for-Microsoft-Office-Desktop

Thanks

Sagar

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Dependent on vendor

Mike Mercuri
Vigilante

I agree that I would love to have auto save feature like I see with files saved on Onedrive.

ITPro
Recruit

I would also like to see this feature but realize the ball is in Microsofts court to open up their API's.  

Aamir
Resident

Hello,

It appears that Egnyte is not a supported autosave file location for Office 2016.  Is there any plans to make this option available with Egnyte?  Not having autosave available adds risk to our office users editing files by forcing them to manually save in the event of an application or PC crash. 

Thanks.

Chris Jones
Resident

I would love to see this feature.