cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook add-in for Outlook 2011 for Mac

Outlook add-in for Outlook 2011 for Mac

0 Votes

Originally from ticket #106551.

I know its probably not a high priority, but do you think you will develop a Outlook for Mac add-in for ease of file sharing? I am a Mac user with a ready NAS and I am looking for the easiest and fastest way to share files and the outlook integration works great for my windows users.

9 Comments
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hi Jeffrey,

I will forward this suggestion along to the team responsible for our third party integrations.

Thank you for your business,

Trey

IT support9
Resident

Hi,

Any news on the Outlook Add-In being available for Mac users?

Thanks

Retired Employee

Hi Isabel,

Unfortunately I don't have any updates right now, except to say that it is under consideration.

Thanks for your patience,

Trey

Retired Employee

Isabel,

I followed up with the product manager that handles integrations with third party applications. Unfortunately, we're not able to build an Outlook plug-in for Mac users because Office for Mac does not provide the same add-in framework that Office for Windows provides. 

We will continue to monitor new releases of Office for Mac, and will make this integration a priority once this limitation is removed.

Trey

Yann Gautier
Resident

Which I believe will never happen. Please do let the community know when you have an update.

Regards,

Yann

Keebo
Deputy

An plug-in for Outlook for Mac should be possible. Developers have made them for DropBox, Box and ShareFile already.   Please consider adding for Egnyte users as well. The little things can make a big difference.  

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Thanks for bringing this back to our attention as this was originally from our previous community many years ago and did not have a status assigned to it. Apologies for that.

This is not currently in development, but I will pass it to our products team to see if anything changes in this regard. We currently advise customers to use the Backflipt integration to accomplish this. 

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Declined

Given that Microsoft doesn't offer the same framework for extensions on Mac as for Windows, we don't have any current plans to offer the same integration.  In the future, if Microsoft extends its WOPI-based framework to the Mac we will reconsider.

Keith Heeley
Vigilante

I don't fully understand the explanation since there are several extensions (aka Add-Ins) currently available in the Mac version of Microsoft Outlook which work well and are quite helpful and don't seem to require anything unusual for integration (see attached picture). There are extensions for Evernote, DropBox, DocuSign & OneNote to name a few.   Access to these particular Add-ins may require the use of Microsoft email hosting services, however, which I understand would be quite limiting for some, but for those with access to these tools, having a comparable Engyte extension would be very helpful.Outlook for Mac Extension Add-Ins.png