cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Thumbnails in Preview Window

PDF Thumbnails in Preview Window

Need thumbnails for PDFs in the preview window. See dropbox preview and copy it - it's very ideal.

Tags (1)
7 Comments
Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

Assuming that you're talking about the preview in the Web UI, this is something that we're considering.  The idea would be to show a sidebar and allow you to choose from a small thumbnail to navigate to a given page.  We'd want to do this for all of the document formats we support (PDF, Presentations, Word Processing, etc.)

Carmello
Steward

Exactly. Thank you

ITPro
Recruit

I also like this idea!  In addition, it would be nice for the thumbnail of the PDF to be an actual image of the PDF and not just a generic icon.  This is another way that allows for easier, more seamless previewing.

bwertzer
Vigilante

I agree! As a new user of Egnyte I’m disappointed that this isn’t available. I’m so used to having this with Google Drive. It’s a far superior method for remembering what a file is. 

bwertzer
Vigilante

Any update on this feature or an estimated time line?  This seems like basic functionality that all competitors have such as Dropbox, google drive, and even iCloud.

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Unfortunately, we don't have a time frame yet, but this is something we would like to add.  I'm moving the status to Accepted.

bwertzer
Vigilante

Please add this feature ASAP.  This is a basic feature with all of your cometitors.