cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission Report

Permission Report

I've asked this directly to the Egnyte team before, but nothing has happened yet.  So hopefully this will work.

Please make the permission report easier to see permission for all users.  As of right now I have to click one by one just to get a full report.  Considering we have hundreds of groups and hundreds of user, you can see how annoying and tiring that is.

Another option is to make a folder permission report, let us create a report for a specific folder to see who has access through out the folder.

Example:  If there was a folder tree like so Folder1>Folder2>Folder3>Folder4 and someone gave a user (not group) permission to folder4, the only person who would know that would be the one did it and the user themselves.

If there was a folder permission report or a select all for user permission report than it would be much easier to see that a user has access to folder4.

I've been asking for this for almost a year now, please set this up.

13 Comments
TJ Norris
Steward

Agreed on this. I have asked for this multiple times too. It's a major pain point for our organization. Where does this stand on the Egnyte road map? 

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello,

I understand your point. Currently you are only able to see permissions on a user basis or a folder basis (one at a time). I agree this has been requested for quite some time. I will talk to the product team about this and write back once I have an update on this.

Thank you for your patience and co-operation.

Thanks

Sagar

Brad Buckles1
Vigilante

Yes, I agree.   I would add two things:

1.  Currently, we must select each Standard User 1 by 1 as they are not members of any group when running a permission report.   The problem?  There is thousands of these... and it takes over an hour to select these one-by-one. 

2. Can these reports also be made available to the API library?

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello Brad,

Thank you for the additions. I am sure they will only help other users who may have not voiced it out yet, but are still interested in a similar report. 

+1 to this feature request and the additional requests. 

Thanks

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

We're planning on adding a new permissions export that lets you either export all the permissions for your Egnyte domain or for a specific subfolder.

Macninja
Deputy
Completely agree. We need folder permissions reports!
CenturyGroup
Steward

Are more upvotes still needed on this request? If so, please add mine. More robust Folder permissions reporting is greatly desired.

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager

@CenturyGroup - we're justing finishing up development of a much richer permissions report.  It should be available within 4-6 weeks.

CenturyGroup
Steward

Happiness. I will send in a Help Request ticket to address my data need for the meantime. Thank you for your quick response.

Hector-B
Resident

I just want add that previously I would highlight every user/group and run a report for all folders.  I would then take that master report and break it down in excel but sometime within the last 6 months that changed and the WebUI no longer allows me to shift click the first entry and shift click the last (to highlight all) I now have to highlight each user/group to add them to my report manually.  I hope this new permission report is much better.