cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add the Bookmarks feature to the Desktop App and Mobile iOS and Android App

Please add the Bookmarks feature to the Desktop App and Mobile iOS and Android App

Tags (1)
5 Comments
Employee Tri Hoang
Employee
Status changed to: Considering

This is definitely something we can consider to add in the Desktop App. I'm curious if other community members are interested in this features as well.

It sounds great for the mobile app!
Employee Bartosz Witoń
Employee

@Peter_the_Gr8 

Bookmark feature is already available on mobile. Can write more about that? Do you miss a certain functionality in Bookmarks?

I have access to Bookmarks. I just don't need hem very much so I didn't realize they were there. I really use them on Egnyte Connect.
Keith Heeley
Vigilante

Thanks for pointing that out @Bartosz Witoń and  @Peter_the_Gr8 .  Now that I look closer I see that the Bookmarks feature is indeed built-in already into the mobile app with a star icon for easy identification in the center of the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.  I think it's quite helpful for frequently accessed folders that are located down the chain of several sub-folders in a directory. There are work-arounds for this with the Desktop as well which I use, such as posting frequenlty used folders onto the Sidebar of the Finder window near the Egnyte root drive and in the Dock at the bottom of the screen. Those areas can get crowded though and having the bookmarks feature inside the Desktop app would be helpful as well, especially if it synced-up with the cloud web user interface and mobile versions of Bookmarks.