cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please fix the forum login

Please fix the forum login

I posted about this before in a thread but received no response/acknowledgement. I cannot log into or comment in the forum other than by using the "trick" documented below.  Please see screenshot of what happens when I attempt to comment on a forum post.  I have also uploaded it as an attachment.  Thank You

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-j9zg12emwBo/T2obpVSCuUI/AAAAAAAABuI/cDt6nv32ai0/s1152/Egnyte.png

11 Comments
Scott Page1
Resident

We are having the same problem as well.  

Scott Page1
Resident

We are having the same problem as well.  

David Haddad
Resident

Thanks Scott, still the same issue here, I'm frustrated that Egnyte hasn't even responded acknowledging the issue.  Just had to post this by going through the same backwards routine as shown in my screenshot.  I'm betting that 9 out of 10 people just give up and don't discover the workaround!

David and Scott,

We are aware of this problem. We are currently in the process of completely overhauling the forums. This login issue will be addressed as part of the overhaul.

Best,

Sean Puttergill

Product Manager

Scott Page1
Resident

David,

Are you using the Classic View or the New View?  I switched back to the old view and now it works!!

David Haddad
Resident

It's 4 years later and as far as I can tell, this "forum" still doesn't have a proper working log in.  The only way I can comment in it is to log in to Egnyte file server, use the hamburger icon on the upper right, and select Help, the click "go to help desk", and then click "community".

What ever happened to the "complete forum overhaul" mentioned above?  It's the same dysfunctional forums that cause there to be so little participation and feedback.  Why doesn't Egnyte set up a proper forum to interact with users?  It's not like that is a big undertaking.

Thanks

Hi David,

We have a direct way to login to the HelpDesk.  Please navigate to https://helpdesk.egnyte.com and click the Sign In button to log in with your Egnyte credentials in one step.  We are also actively working on improving the Community.

Thanks.

David Haddad
Resident

Hi Cara, I suspect that because you are an internal user you don't see what happens when a user tries to post.  I will make a video of what happens so you can see it.

David Haddad
Resident

Cara, if you have a way to reach out to me I will send you a video of what happens, I just recorded it.  Thanks

Hi David,

I've just sent you an email.

Thanks.