cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview Only Option For Shared Folder Links

Preview Only Option For Shared Folder Links

Currently, we have the ability to share a link to a file and remove the download option.  With the right security settings, this make the link "Preview/View Only".  However, if we want to share a folder of files using these options, we have to create a separate link for each file.  It would be helpful if we could remove the "download" option when sharing folder links as well.

Tags (1)
11 Comments
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello,

You are absolutely right. The preview mode is not available on the share link for folders. I will pass on your feedback to the product team to be considered for future enhancement. 

Thanks

Sagar

Robert Mesec
Vigilante

This would be huge option.

Ability to allow preview only to ALL objects.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Thank you for your vote Robert. I will add you as a +1 on this one. 

Thanks

gary shev
Resident

This is really needed!!!

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

+1 for  your vote Gary.

Thanks

Carmello
Steward

+1

Dropbox recently launched this feature and it is critical.

VKW
Vigilante

Really need this option. We have cross-department teams that work with the same resources but some departments should only be able to view and not download the content. 

Neil White
Vigilante

Another +1 for me too please. This feature is really needed.

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

We are considering this but want to make sure that we can provide a high-performance solution.  Today preview-only generation does take a while in Egnyte and for file links we can do this upfront, but folder links could contain millions of files so it would need to be done on demand.  We're researching approaches and hope to add this feature in the future.