cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print folder tree structure

Print folder tree structure

It would be helpful to run a report of the folder tree structure that either prints to PDF or exports to Excel which can be used as a table of contents/site map.

Tags (1)
10 Comments
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Donna,

Thank you for your feedback. 

This feature is currently not available on Egnyte. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to the Product team for them to consider this for enhancement. 

Regards

Sagar.

CenturyGroup
Steward

Agreed. I am also interested in this feature.

I somewhat accomplished capturing our existing folder structure in Excel by using TreeSize (external program available for a trial) and doing a lot of complicated Excel maneuvers. It was very time-consuming and only partially worked.

If others have hit upon faster solutions for exporting the entire folder structure out of Egnyte, please let me know. I have multiple uses for this kind of data.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello @CenturyGroup,

Thank you for writing to the forum thread. I will add you as +1 to this feature request.

Thanks.

Hi all, it is what exactly was looking for, and I found this forum....this will be a very useful tool to use checking the right match between the internal organization chart and the overall structure of a company cloud tree. I am willing to push for this very useful feature, many thanks! p.s. how we know if it is implemented, once done? How we know it is coming or not, as a feature?

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi @Antonio Borello,

Thank you for your interest in this feature. I have added your vote to the list. You can follow/subscribe to the Egnyte's What's New section. The link is below: -

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/sections/200348314-What-s-New

You will be notified about the new releases this way.

Thanks.

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

Hi there, 

My company is very interested in this feature as well! This would be very helpful to easily see the folder structure and permission levels for each one. 

Currently, I was able to accomplish this by running a "Folder Size Report" and selecting "Select folder and subfolders" and then choose 5 levels deep. This exported a report that showed me all my folders and sub-folders and the folder size. 

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

@Andrea Forbes,

Thank you for your vote. Our Product team is considering this feature. 

Please subscribe to https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/sections/200348314-What-s-New to get updates regarding the new features.

Thanks.

Eric Buffkin1
Civilian

Add us to the list of companies who would like this feature. 

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

@Eric Buffkin1,

Thank you for your vote. +1.Your +1 has been added to this feature request.

Thanks.