cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof Approval Annotation

Proof Approval Annotation

I have noticed quite a few feature requests looking for expanded comments and edits.  Annotation tools used in Acrobat as well as online proofing tools such as ProofHQ, ProofMe and GoProof would definitely add value to Egnyte.  We are currently using both Egnyte & ProofHQ and ideally would have everything functioning under our Egnyte server with this added functionality.

Tags (1)
6 Comments
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion. 

There has been constant work on adding different apps/services to integrate with Egnyte. However, there are a lot dependencies that would slow down the pace.

We have this page which lists the current integrations and will keep adding to it. You can check this list at regular intervals. http://www.egnyte.com/partner-program/partner-list.html

This post will also allow users with similar requirement to vote and put more importance to get this introduced sooner.

I hope this comes out soon and many other users including are able to take its advantage. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Thanks

Sagar

Kim Isaksen1
Steward

We do also use ProofHQ and Egnyte, and we´d love to see either an integration with ProofHQ, or even better, some similar functionality for annotations in Egnyte.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello Kim,

Thank you for writing to us with your feature suggestion. I will be sure to pass it along to the Integrations Team for consideration. 

Thanks.

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

jprc8
Deputy

We have used a number of client feedback systems, and the biggest advantage is the ability to mark up a document rather than leaving text-only comments.

Since much of what we do is design-related, it can be very hard to describe in text -- "that second line about halfway down the page should be green" is not as good as an arrow, or putting the comment directly on top of the issue.

I looked through the integrations and did not find any system with this capability, and of course I'd prefer it to be handled directly in Egnyte.

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

We've definitely considered this - the biggest challenge is in considering how this should be applied when there are multiple versions.  The annotations would have to be a layer on top of the file since we'd want to support a wide variety of formats.  But if you add a new version then the location of the content could change and the annotation wouldn't make much sense.  Old versions for which annotations were added could be removed due to version policy rules too.

We're happy to hear any suggestions on these challenges and how you'd expect it to work.