cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive folder notifications depending on the user type

Receive folder notifications depending on the user type

It would be nice to have the ability to only be notified when folder contents are updated by certain users. For instance, in my usage of egnyte I don't care about when power users update folder contents, but I am always looking for when standard users upload or edit folder contents. My email ends up getting clogged with a bunch of notifications of updates from Power Users, and I have to scan every email looking for updates from Standard Users.

This would also be useful for people in the opposite situation where they only care about notifications of folder updates from power users, and don't want to scan through a bunch of notifications from standard users that clog up their email. 

Tags (1)
3 Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Needs Info

@Brett Wallace, in your case, are both the Power and Standard users uploading files into the same folder?  Have you looked into setting notification options at the folder level instead of for all folders you have access to?

Vigilante

Yes, in my case we have both power and standard users accessing some folders. I already have turned off notifications for folders that only power users access but thanks for checking. Our useage may not apply to everyone so I'm just throwing the idea out there. Thanks for checking

Community Manager
Community Manager

One other option is to use scheduled audit reports to capture this information - that would work best if your needs are for periodic review