cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote wiping of the Personal Cloud

Remote wiping of the Personal Cloud

I would like to see the ability to remote wipe a users personal cloud. We tend to have around 3-5 laptops stolen a year. Being able to remove that data next time the computer booted up would be a +.

11 Comments

With security in mind, I vote for this too. It would be a great plus over competitors (as I don't think other cloud/sync providers have this)

Resident

With our trial testing of Egnyte, this feature came up. Drop-box has this feature built-in. So when you delete a user from their system, it will send a command to delete the contents of the local data on their pc. It would be awesome from a security stand point to see this type of feature in Egnyte. We like the product overall, just one little detail like this that we would want to see implemented.

Resident

Totally agree with the comments above. With the company ipads we can remotely delete the files and this would be really powerful safety feature for us.  Stolen laptops and potentially any employee that goes "rogue".

Resident

Just began our trial of the Enterprise option and this need came up in my conversation with the sales rep.  He said that it's on the road map for being implemented around end of year 2012.  Can someone confirm/deny this statement?  It's definitely an "enterprise" required feature.

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi Shawn,

We are working on our own remote wipe feature, but I can't promise that it will be ready by year's end. At present we have an integration with MobileIron, so if you use their mobile device management solution, you can remote wipe that way.

Thank you for considering our product. Please don't hesitate to contact me with further questions (thoward@egnyte.com)

Trey

Resident

How can I learn more about your integration with Mobile Iron. We use it for MDM.

Is this out yet?  Remote Wipe?

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hello Avi,

Remote Wipe is available for users who have purchased our Advanced Authentication package. It currently works with Android and iOS devices which have the most recent version of our app (3.8) loaded.  We have a remote wipe capability for PLC clients in the works, but we haven't released it yet. Please check the "What's New" section of our Helpdesk for news about this. We'll post there when this is made available.

Thanks for your question and for choosing Egnyte!

Trey

Thanks Trey.  So if we wanted to configure a remote worker who is using a laptop what would be the recommended configuration for the ultimate in security until you have the PLC wipe?

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Avi,

We are about to release Personal Local Cloud 7.8, which allows you to set Two-Step Login Verification (TSLV) for the PLC client. I would have the employee install PLC 7.8 and enable this TSLV option. I would also recommend that you encrypt the hard drive.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Trey