cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching in mounted drive does not work the same as in PLC

Searching in mounted drive does not work the same as in PLC

0 Votes

The mounted drive cannot be searched for files using regular Mac tools (e.g., Finder). This is a major issue that prevents us from just using drive (and getting rid of PLC entirely) because native searching (not using the web site) by file name and file contents is a must have. Is the going to be a feature that egnyte adds?

7 Comments
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi Mike,

This is not currently on our short term roadmap, but I'll add you as a +1 for this and pass your feedback onto our product team.

Can you share some details about what type of environment you have in your office (e.g. Win vs Mac)? Also, are you using our Map Drive client or Egnyte Drive?

Thanks,
Shyam

Has there been any progress on this please?  Or are there any other search tools that can be used when accessing egnyte through a Mac?

Thanks

Richard

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi Richard,

Sorry there has not been any movement on this yet. Let me check with my product team and I will get back once I have any updates on this. 

Regards

Sagar.

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi Richard,

I had a word with our engineering team on this topic. As per them to use spotlight search the disc has to be indexed. Only physically connected drives are automatically indexed. If you want to index network drive you have to trigger it. This is totally OS dependent. 

There is this one discussion on the apple forums which might help. Here is a link to the forum: - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1573997?start=0&

I hope this helps. 

Regards

Sagar.

Retired Employee
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

We do have plans to add a search capability to the Desktop App on both Mac and Windows - this will utilize the same underlying search capabilities as are available on the Web UI. 

Employee
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

You can now perform search and open results directly from the Desktop App. Please download the latest version.