cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Files with A Group

Share Files with A Group

Originally from ticket #109618.

It would be nice to add the ability to share file with a custom group, instead of having to enter individual emails one by one.

6 Comments
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hey there,

We have received this request before and it is something that we are discussing for a future product release. In the meantime, you might consider creating a list-serve in your email client. If you find yourself emailing the same group of people over and over again, this might be warranted.

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to make a product suggestion.

Trey

Randy Lessor1
Resident

I would be interested in this functionality as well within Egnyte.

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Thanks for your comment Randy; I will note your request for the feature.

• Trey
Joe Stafford
Resident

It would make things a lot easier when I need to send out a link to a group if I could just send it to the group rather than having to type in all the email addresses from memory. Better yet, a pop-up that lets me click toggle boxes for selected members of a group and send it to all but Jimmy Bob, who hates these, for instance, or click SEND TO ALL in a group and then unclick just Jimmy Bob and Mary Jo. Autofill helps with this, but I'm still having to sit here thinking, OK, who else is in this group and gets this link? And what's their email address start with? And which of the autofill pop-ups is for the email box they prefer to get these in? It's basic communication about the sharing of files, which seems central to the whole purpose of Egnyte. Thanks for listening.

Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Hi Joe,

Good feedback. This isn't currently on our short-term roadmap, but your request makes sense to me. I'll share this with our product team so that we can consider this as we plan our longer term roadmap.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Regards,
Shyam

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: Delivered