cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share link add-on for Thunderbird

Share link add-on for Thunderbird

Hello,

It is great that a new Egnyte Outlook add-in has been released allowing users to share documents via links from within an email. Will there be plans to expand this functionality to other email programs, including Thunderbird? This would greatly assist organisations that may not use MS outlook for emails.

Many thanks,
Stephanie

Tags (1)
11 Comments
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the feedback. At this point, developing a plugin for Thunderbird or other email clients is not on our short-term roadmap. However, I will add you as a +1 for this and share the feedback with our product team.

Thanks,
Shyam

Matt Ringel1
Resident

I would also like to see an add-on for Thunderbird.

+1

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Thank you for your vote Matt. The Product team is already informed about this request. There is no news on the launch of this feature as of now. But you will know once there is any progress.

Thanks Sagar.

Richard Crook
Resident

I would be interested to use Egnyte with the Thunderbird Filelink facility.

At the moment I have to use Dropbox, which I would prefer not to use.

Any idea as to when this might be available.

Thanks.

Hi Richard,

A Thunderbird integration is not currently on our roadmap but I have sent this request to our Partner Integrations team for a future integration opportunity.  Soon we will be launching a Gmail integration for Chrome and Firefox that will have similar capabilities.

Thanks.

Roy Parker
Resident

There are a large number of Thuderbird email users.  Please provide Thunderbird integration.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Roy,

Thank you for writing to us. I will surely pass on your request to our Product Team for considering this feature request. 

I would like to know if you are pointing towards a similar app that we have for Microsoft Outlook ?

Thanks

Roy Parker
Resident

Yes, As far as I understand the Microsoft Outlook app.  I envision it would be similar.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Thanks for the confirmation Roy. 

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New