cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share multiple files in assorted folders.

Share multiple files in assorted folders.

It would be quite helpful to have the ability to share multiple files in assorted folders in a single share. Simply choose a recipient, then select files to attach and share.

17 Comments
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing! This is an interesting idea, and I'll pass it onto our product team.

Regards,
Shyam

Maurisa Singer
Resident

Hello,

We are in the process of demoing Egnyte.

I'm trying to share several files within the same folder but not the entire folder content in one link. I clicked each file and hit share; however, separate links appeared for each file. Is this possible in Egnyte?

Thank you.

Retired Employee

Hi Maurisa,

The behavior you described is correct. If you select multiple files and click share, this will generate a unique link for each file.

Sharing a folder link might be a better way to accomplish what you're looking for, but keep in mind that users will then be able to access all of the content in that folder. To that end, I suggest creating a new subfolder and moving the files you want to share into it. Then, you can specifically share a link for that folder, and link recipients will only be able to access the contents within it.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Shyam

Maurisa Singer
Resident

Thanks, Shyam. Does Egnyte offer a feature when the content of a link can be purged after a certain time? In your example above of creating a subfolder, it would be great to have that subfolder automatically deleted once the link deactivated. Also, are your developers working on a feature that will allow sharing of multiple files on one link?

Retired Employee

Hi Maurisa,

This is not currently possible, but you can set an expiration date on the link itself so that it you don't have to remember to manually deactivate it.

Being able to share multiple files with one link is not currently on our roadmap. I will add you as a +1 for this feature, but this is best accomplished through folder links today.

Regards,
Shyam

Mike Stephens
Resident

This suggestion was over a year ago yet it still does not seem possible? Any update on whether or not we can do this? The current process takes hours of time to accomplish the task.

When selecting multiple files to get sharing links for, Egnyte creates a link for each file individually. This works fine, however if you have several different files that you want to send a link to, the recipient has to click on all those links to access the documents. 

It would be better to create one link that when clicked, will take the recipient to a web page where they can view all the documents and download them if they have been given the permission to do so.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Shanelle,

Thank you for writing to us. Your suggestion is certainly an interesting one. Let me pass this on to the Product Team and let them review this to see what changes can be made to the way the share links work. 

I will write back once I hear back from them. 

Thanks

Hi Sagar,

Thank you very much for your reply. I look forward to hearing what the Product Team thinks about it. 

Thank you!

milong
Steward
I would put all of the files in a folder and then send the shared link to that folder, which contains the files.