cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show the Folder Size (File number or data size)

Show the Folder Size (File number or data size)

When using the web interface, it would be helpful to see the sizes of folders, not just files. I am doing a lot of file movement to/from our network drive, and typically a few files are not successfully moved. I would like to be able to see the folder size so I can confirm that everything made it over. This is a feature of Box, and it is frustrating that it is not a feature in Egnyte. Even just the number of files in each folder without any additional steps would be great. 

25 Comments
Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Our current plan is to address this by extending our folder options dialog to include information about the size and count of items - both of the current versions as well as for all older versions of files.  This will let you quickly see the size for a given folder.

We don't plan on populating this in the "Size" column of the folder listing.  While this would be great to have, it is not something that is feasible to do from a performance perspective.  Box can support a feature like this because they don't have any way to remove a user's permission in subfolders so the size of a folder is the same for all users.  In Egnyte, we support a much richer permission model and the consequence is that a single folder may have different sizes for different users.

ITPro
Recruit

Any ETA on this feature?  This is desperately needed.  

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello,

We understand the need for this feature. 

There is no ETA for it yet. Our folder size computations don't yet support non-admin users, so we're waiting on the other supporting teams for that since this would be misleading for power/standard users.

We will publish the release on the What's New section.

Thanks.

ITPro
Recruit

Once this is complete, can you implement a "View Folder Properties" button into the right click context menu of the desktop connect app?  I imagine this would just open up the WebUI to display this info.  Alternatively, it could open up a local window, which would be better, but probably more difficult to implement.

BethanyB
Vigilante

Community Manager

I'm merging this in with another request that already has a number of comments and feedback from customers

cneasche
Vigilante

Can we have an overview for each folders like how many files inside without click into and count?

I'm managing some folders and need a few teammates response for updating, it'll great help if I can have an quick overview without click into and check detail.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

We are planning to offer the count/size info for a folder (and all of its descendants) in the folder options dialog, similar to what Windows Explorer and Mac Finder do.

CenturyGroup
Steward

Thanks for adding this feature to the feature request list!

Marc Kravitz
Steward

Hey any update on this?