cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Notifications at All Hours!

Stop Notifications at All Hours!

As the Egnyte admin I've been able to adjust certain notifications, but it always seems as though some keep coming - always at freaking night time when I don't want them. As an example I just received an "audit purge notifcation" at 12:30 AM, and there is no option in the email to adjust notifications. PLEASE for the love of God, stop :p! Some of us have to be available at night even by email - but I don't want to be receiving them unless it's necessary. No other hosted software sends me automated notifications at midnight.

Tags (1)
5 Comments
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, there's currently no way to disable these sorts of notifications. In the meantime, you might be able to create an email filter for these notifications if you look for the email address "notify@egnyte.com" and the subject line "Audit Purge Notification".

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Shyam

David Haddad
Resident

Thanks Shyam. Yes, I guess I will set up some rules to block them. I hope you considering making all notifications controllable by the end user. Or send them out at more appropriate times based on the users time zone.

Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

David,

Thanks for the feedback; I'll relay this on to our product team and add you as a +1 for this.

In the meantime, I hope setting up some email rules helps!

Regards,
Shyam

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering