cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync improvements

Sync improvements

I think 2 things are needed:

1 - moved files are currently deleted from the ELC / PLC and redownloaded. This uses bandwidth unecessarily and means users often have to wait a long time for the files to show up. Surely this could be handled in a more intelligent way?

2 - The Personal Local Cloud client can only download files from the cloud server. If a user is on the same network as the ELC, it would make things much quicker if it could download the files from the ELC over the LAN.

5 Comments
Retired Employee Emily Ganz1
Retired Employee

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for your suggestions.

1. We are working on solving this issue and I will keep you updated on the status.

2. This is a good suggestion and we will look into adding it to our product update schedule.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions!

Emily

Gareth Jones
Resident

thanks Emily.

Enrico Meier
Resident

How is it going with having the PLC sync with ELC instead of the cloud? This would simplify things a lot and enable some things you don't have with the ELC like Windows Offline files and user files (the ones under Private) indexed by windows search.

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hi Enrico,

I don't have any updates to report about the Unified Client, but I will post back when I have something new to share. Thanks for your post,

Trey

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered

Marking as delivered since our sync technology does now have optimizations for handling renames/moves without having to re-download content.

On the second point, our "Project Turbo" has been released and allows the Desktop App to download files directly across the LAN.