cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off Activity In This Folder Sidebar

Turn Off Activity In This Folder Sidebar

We would like the ability to turn off the "activity in this folder" side bar for selective folders.  This feature often draws attention to file activity and provides previews to files that some of our users prefer not be seen.  An example would be a global admin simply clicking on the top folder of all private folders and seeing activity going on for all users in their private folders.  Although the admin could definitely go into those folders with their elevated access and read files, that activity would be logged whereas the side bar provides a preview of some content without logging who is viewing it.  

16 Comments
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your suggestion. 

The activity stream which captures any recent changes (e.g. comments, file/folder events) is only visible to the admin and the users who have permissions to that particular folder. 

Introducing a turn on/off switch for the Activity Stream can be an easy one. But having an option to choose this feature for a particular folder sounds like a lot of work. 

I will make sure to pass this on to the Product Development team to be considered for future enhancements to this feature. 

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. 

Thanks

Sagar

Jeffrey Kopelma
Vigilante

I agree with Aaron.   The activity stream is a feature that an admin should absolutely be able to disable.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I will add you as +1 on this feature request. We appreciate you spending time in writing to us. 

Thanks

Sagar

Max Silverman
Resident

Any updates on this effort?

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Max,

Thank you for writing. 

There has not been any movement on this one yet. But I will be sure to update this post as soon as I see something happening. 

Thanks

Dan Fieber
Resident

Hi - I want to resurface this. I'm an admin (trial client) and my conversion hinges on creating this feature. 

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Dan,

I understand your point. I have written to the Product Team about this. But honestly, the feature enhancement won't be available right away. I hope things move fast from our end and should you chose to go with an Egnyte subscription, you shall get to use the switch to enable/disable the sidebar.

Thank you for writing to us. 

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

We can definitely consider this - the most straightforward would be to have a global option to turn off the activity stream either for all users or certain user types (e.g. disable for standard users).  We already have a way for individual users to collapse the activity stream so that they don't need to see it.

While we could consider controlling this on a per-folder basis, that would get complex and is less likely to be included.  

Schalon Newton
Vigilante

I want to use Egnyte for a due diligence site.  I absolutely do not want competing VCs to see comments made by other firms conducting due diligence.  This seems like such an obvious issue that I had not even considered that this situation could exist and I need to make my data room live in the next week and this if a fatal issue.