cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two-step (MFA) login - device registration requirement

Two-step (MFA) login - device registration requirement

0 Votes

We wish to enable two-step login (MFA - multi-factor authentication) verification combined with a list of trusted network IPs. If a user attempts to access Egnyte from outside the list of trusted IPs, then they will receive an MFA prompt; otherwise, MFA will not be required.

Generally, this functionality currently works as designed. However, once we enable two-step login, upon their next login all users will be prompted for a device registration, and they may not proceed with login until a device has been registered. The majority of our users do not have corporate-issued mobile devices, nor do they have a use case for accessing Egnyte from outside of our network. Therefore, we cannot fully roll out Egnyte until this has been resolved. The requested behavior is one of the following:

1) Egnyte will prompt for device registration when access is requested from outside the trusted IP list; or...

2) Ability to assign the device registration prompt and/or outside trusted IP access to roles or individual users.

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to us. I will check with the product team and circle back with you on this. Such a request was never made by any Egnyte user prior to this instance and thus I am not sure about its feasibility. 

I will write back once I hear from them. 

Regards

Sagar.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi John,

This is a pretty old thread we had open for your request. I am writing back to you with an update.

I had passed on this to the Product Team to check the feasibility of this feature. However, it turns out that it potentially is not doable with our TFA (Duo) setup. This is something that would require deeper investigation.

There will be an announcement on the Egnyte page when we release this in the future. However, I will certainly write back if I get to hear anything in between. 

Thanks

Sagar

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering