cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Quota

User Quota

Hi Guys,

I would like the ability to set a storage quota per user as we on-sell the backup service. Logging in each month and checking their usage is not a streamlined process for us.

Cheers

Stefan

59 Comments
Vigilante

Hi, is this feature available now?

Steward

Another +1 from me.

I'm genuinely surprised that Egnyte doesn't alredy support this.

Steward
any chance we can get a formal response on why this isn't on the dev radar? or if it is an ETA?
Steward

+1. Unlimited file storage for our shared files is great - unlimited file storage for private folders is a problem. A quota on space in each private folder is an easy way to emphasize that company files MUST be stored in a shared space.

Retired Employee
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Vigilante

We have Private Folders enabled. The total GBs in Private Folders is steadly increasing. Users do not go in and clean out files as often as I would like. I would like to be able to set a size limit for all Private Folders. I dont want to get to a point where we are fighting users for space as we get close to our Data Capacity in Egnyte. If I know the MAX space a user can use it helps me forcast data consumption as our company grows.

Thank you,

Tom Crews

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, @Tom Crews.  I'm going to merge this in with a similar request that already has more traction. 

Steward

i m new with egnyte , but such a mandataory option with any file share to take control over user behaviour  , and what is surprised me that this feature was requested many years back and no solution until now , so is there any hope in the near future ? 

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Just as an update on this, we are working on this feature, however, it’ll probably be more of a warning threshold rather than explicitly blocking the private folder beyond a certain size. It’ll start with richer reporting for private folders and then alerting and warnings for users after that.

Thank you everyone for your input and we'll keep you updated as it progresses.