cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to include ALL of the current users IN ADDITION to new users when updating groups?

Why do I have to include ALL of the current users IN ADDITION to new users when updating groups?

0 Kudos

I really do not understand why I need to keep adding everybody over and over again to the same group, if I want to add users in bulk to a group. I just created 200 Egnyte accounts and I thought I would use the bulk import tool to add the new users to a training folder via group. The first time I did it all of the original members of the group disappeared and I lost hundreds of them. So I ran the import again with the ones missing and lost the new ones. Then I discovered from the help that I needed to included everyone who already have access to the group. It makes no sense to have to do this. You mean if I have 2000 people in a group and I want to add 100 people in bulk, that I have to keep exporting all the 2000 people's names and then add the 100 people to the list? Even when I did this by the way, I ended up over 100 users short in the training for some reason. I had to get a report of all the users and the users in the training group and compare to find the missing ones and add them one by one. EXTREMELY ANNOYING! WHY?!

The help indicates that I am doing it the correct way, but why is the correct way so awful? And it doesn't not work. There has got to be a better way. Why can we just append the new names and be done?

change groups with export or import.JPG

Tags (1)
1 Comment
Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

Thanks for the feedback, @milong.  We can consider adding a new checkbox that will prevent removing users from groups.