cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file option bar on new look preview function

file option bar on new look preview function

Just a couple thoughts....

I like the preview function. The idea is to get a fast look at the file without having to download and open. I think it would be more effective if you didn't have to click the pull down, then click more, then click preview. I know, it really doesn't take that much time, but most of my team didn't even know it was an option because they never clicked the "more". I think a little eyeball icon to the left of the file name for quick access would make the function more useful and valuable.

Also, I would vertically tile the file option pull down menu and list all options instead of the current horizontal pull down where you have to click "more" to get the additional options. It is all about speed and intuitiveness. People should know how to use the functions the first time the log on... It should be a pleasant surprise how easy it is to use each function and how obvious it is to find the button. Most of Egnyte's new look conforms to this, but I think the options menue could use a little simplifying. Perhaps even putting the work "Options" next to the pull down would draw the new user's eye.

6 Comments
Chris34
Resident

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm passing your idea about file preview "eyeball" button to our product development team. 

Currently if you highlight a file, you can click "preview" in the right-hand file menu without going through the pulldown menu.  However, we've taken the suggestion of customers to have a vertical menu (exactly as you suggest).

Here's our latest product announcement of what's coming up: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/entries/21990503-streamlining-the-web-interface

Scott Page1
Resident

I would like to suggest making the size of the right-hand file menu a little bigger.  I have received some complaints that it is too small and easy to click on the wrong items.

Thanks for your consideration.

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hey Scott,

I'm assuming you're referring to the pop-up menu with the following option "send link, send attachment, download..."?

Trey

Scott Page1
Resident

Hello Trey,

That is correct .

Thanks

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

OK; we've got a couple enhancements to the UI in the works. I will add this as a feature request.

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered