cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple downloads from share link

multiple downloads from share link

Is there a way to download multiple files from a shared link? After opening a link there is a check box beside each file but i don't see a option to download the multiple files checked.

11 Comments
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi Jesse,

In order for a person to download multiple files at once, you need to make them a standard user. Then they can log on to your cloud file server via the web interface and select which files to download. Thank you and please let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions.

Best,

Emily

This is not really a helpful or convinient way to "share" with a user who is not consitently invited to download files. There really needs to be a way to allow somebody to "download all" from a shared link/ invite. Please visit this issue and allow for multiple file downloads.

Resident

I would have to agree. There are one visit only clients I have which I find a hassle to have to set up users for. Im not sure this is the server for me

I agree with this. I need to share folders with one off clients containing large numbers of images. Unless I make the client a user (which is a real pain) they can only download 1 file at a time, useless!

Resident

Add me to the list of those looking for this badly needed feature.  I contacted my account representative 4 months ago concerning this and have yet to receive an update as to whether or not the development team is working on a solution.  My situation is the same as the four who have posted here.

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi Dave,

I'm pleased to announce that this is coming in the next release: targeted sometime in the next few weeks. It is developed and undergoing final testing. 

Thanks for your patience and for using Egnyte,

Trey

Resident

Trey:

This is great news; thank you very much for the quick response.  We anxiously await deployment of this feature.  This will alleviate the number one issue our intermittent contacts have with downloading multiple files sent through a public link.

Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Glad you're excited! When the new features are available, we'll add an article to our announcements page here.

• Trey
Vigilante

I am having the issue that multiple files can't be downloaded via a shared link.  Came across this thread that indicated that the feature was going to be added back in 2013.  Was it added?  Why am I still having the issue?

Retired Employee
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New