cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my docs & desktop backup - enhancements required to move away from current backup solution

my docs & desktop backup - enhancements required to move away from current backup solution

0 Votes

i would like to move away from our current desktop backup solution and use Egnyte instead but running into a few issues

1. our current backup software does a snapshot of the users my docs and desktop so if they delete a file, it can be recovered from the snapshot / point of time.  With Egnyte, you can only see revisions of files that are online.  If the user deletes a file, it deletes it in Egnyte.

2. we want to backup to a location where even the end user doesnt have access for long term retention. its a backup vault that is highly secured and monitored. by legal team / not admin team.

3. Backup needs to run as service, the Egnyte connect app can close.  We need this to run in the background and make it very difficult for the end user accidentially close out.

4. setting up the connected folders is not easy in Egnyte connect.  we need to push this out to 200+ workstations

It would be great if we could move away from our current backup solution and consolidate another vendor.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks