cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting time in notification email

posting time in notification email

Is it possible to have the local time the file was posted in the notify email? If not, can we have the notation changed to PST?

Tags (1)
11 Comments
Emily Ganz1
Resident

Hi Bob,

This is a valid suggestion. I will pass it to our products team and keep you updated on the status. Thank you and let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions!

Emily

Apex Systems
Resident

First thanks for producing such a great business too!!

I would also love to see the date in the "Sharing Notification" emails to have the local time.

Keep up the great work.

Marc

MJ Balistreri
Resident

Was this suggestion ever updated?

Thanks.

MJ

as far as our account with Egnyte concerns, we still receive all notification mails with PST/PDT time zone.

This also a problem for us, since we mostly operate across Europe, Asia and Australia.

So the data and time zone stamp becomes very confusing, considering a time difference from our users to Egnyte of up to 18 hours!!

Certainly Egnyte can say "how do we know, which time zone to display?".

Well, at box.com they have a time zone setting for each user, so that the time zone for each mail sent by box.com will be only as per the set time zone.

I would be already happy, if the administrator of an Egnyte account could set one time zone in the setting menu for all the users of the same account. at least, this would be better than PST zone.

WERNER

MJ, I forgot to mention, there has been recently a very good update at the notification mail, which now also contains the IP address or even location from where a shared file or folder has been downloaded.

WERNER

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hello,

We do still record all of these transactions in Pacific Time. Werner: your suggestion about a time zone setting in the admin panel is a good one and I will bring it up with the right people.

Thanks for your business and for taking the time to comment on the forums.

Trey

I agree with werner

Tom

Retired Employee

Hello,

This is something that we have placed on our short-term roadmap. I will update you when I have more information about when it will be delivered.

We appreciate you taking the time to post on our forums...

• Trey
Retired Employee

In this weekend's release we are introducing a new feature that allows you to customize your timezone!

Thanks for your patience,

Trey

We have tried that feature - IT WORKS GREAT !

Thanks 2 Engyte team :-)

WERNER