cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"View Egnyte As"

"View Egnyte As"

Both Facebook and Google+ have an excellent feature that I am surprised has not found it's way into more software and would be perfect for Egnyte. As an admin I'd really like to see a simple "view egnyte as" command which allows the admin to select a user, and then view egnyte as that user. It would allow me to test and verify the permissions I've assigned to a user.

Thanks

5 Comments

Hi David,

Thanks for the suggestion. I can see how this would be a useful feature for admins. I'll pass this onto our product team.

In the meantime, have you considered using the User Permission report (found in the reports section of your account)? You can select any of your users here, and the report will show you the permissions those users have been granted. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Shyam

David Haddad
Resident

Thanks Shyam, yes I do use that report and it is very useful.

plus one on this request, this would be incredibly useful as an admin!

Robert Mesec
Vigilante

100% agree that this would be one of the best additional features.

Simply seeing what is accesible as the user would be awesome.

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered

This is available as part of Egnyte Protect's permission browser, where you can see a user's folders and their permissions.  

Egnyte Connect also has a Public API that can be used to start a web session for users.  If you call this with an administrative account you can impersonate another account to essentially log in as that user.