Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep getting "error code -50" when I try to upload a ZIP file

Highlighted
Mikel Whelan
Vigilante

keep getting "error code -50" when I try to upload a ZIP file

I keep getting "error code -50" when I try to upload a ZIP file.  But I only get it when I upload to a certain folder.  I've quit and restarted many times and it's the same thing over and over.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: keep getting "error code -50" when I try to upload a ZIP file

Hello @Mikel Whelan,

Thank you for writing. Are you using the Egnyte Desktop App to upload zip files or any other Egnyte entry point ? Also is your Egnyte domain in trial ?

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Mikel Whelan
Vigilante

I'm using the desktop app.   The Egnyte domain has a license.  We've been using it for awhile now and I just started having problems.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello @Mikel Whelan ,

I tested upoading a .zip file to my Egnyte domain using the Desktop App. You mentioned in your previous post that you see this only when you upload the zip file to a certain folder. Is it safe to assume that you are able to upload zip files to the same folder using the Web UI ? 

I believe you have already upgraded to the latest version of the Desktop App. We would need some more information about this issue. I suggest you file a support case so that we can gather more information and also perform a remote session to review this issue. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Mikel Whelan
Vigilante

I hardly ever use the Web App since my files are too big, which is the reason I use the Desktop App.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi @Mikel Whelan ,

Does this happen to all sorts of zip files or only the ones bigger in size ? I would like to test this in-house based on your response. Also send me the version of the Desktop App & macOS you work with.

Thanks.

0 Kudos