cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mobile App

AutoCAD Mobile App

The current AutoCAD mobile app is great. I can open files in it directly from Egnyte Mobile. However it seems to make a copy and save it into Autodesk's cloud. In previous versions of mobile, it seems Autodesk supported 3rd party cloud storage. Does anyone know how AutoCAD Mobile can save back to egnyte?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: AutoCAD Mobile App

David,

Thank you for writing to the community. 

While we waiting for fellow community members to share their experience, I too will have this checked with our product team handling mobile apps.

Do you mind sharing the versions of the Egnyte mobile app & the AutoCAD mobile app you are using on your phone ?

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Hi @David Carroll1, I just wanted to check in with you to see if you could share the versions of the Egnyte and AutoCAD mobile apps you're using so we can do some testing on our end.

Thanks!

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Julie, 

We use Autocad 2018, 2019 and probably soon 2020. 

I'm not sure if Autocad Mobile has "versions"... I've just grabbed it from the Play store and it's whatever was up there. 

Having the ability to save back to Egnyte would be great; one thing I think could be an issue though is the "always save" behaviour of Mobile. Like a lot of web apps, if you open a file, make a change, it's saved in real time. That's not always what you want -- for example you might want to make a save-as to a new name to keep your markedup copy separate from the original. 

0 Kudos
Employee chapman
Employee

Hi @David Carroll1, Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, this will have to be an update that will have to be done on the Autodesk side. If you have someone on the Autodesk team that you can introduce us to we can reach out. It is always good to have a customer make these types of referrals to allow us to quickly get to the source. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I raised this on the Autodesk forum and got the cold shoulder. 

I will see what I can come up with but they didn't seem interested at the time. They do support BOX and Buzzsaw (which is an EOL product from Autodesk) 

-David

0 Kudos