cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD sheet set manager problems

AutoCAD sheet set manager problems

Jump to solution

Using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017, I am unable to import layouts for sheet sets from drawings located on the egnyte drive. The sheet set manager works fine for drawings on my local hard drive, but put those same files on the egnyte drive and they can no longer be added to sheet sets. I've been told they've also been unable to load Lisp routines from the egnyte drive. 

Has anyone experienced this problem with the sheet set manager and had any success in resolving it? I've reinstalled the ssm registry keys for autocad to no effect. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: AutoCAD sheet set manager problems

Jump to solution

Hi Matthew, 

Although there have not been any reports specifically for the sheet manager in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017, the Egnyte Desktop App can be used with different desktop applications. You can open, edit, and save files directly from Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Autodesk AutoCad applications.

If you do not get help on the forums, then I would want to put you in touch with our support team to take a peek into this. Let us know.

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Matthew, 

Although there have not been any reports specifically for the sheet manager in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017, the Egnyte Desktop App can be used with different desktop applications. You can open, edit, and save files directly from Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Autodesk AutoCad applications.

If you do not get help on the forums, then I would want to put you in touch with our support team to take a peek into this. Let us know.

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Even syncing the folder for offline access does not help it. If I copy the folder to a local drive, it works fine.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

Doesn't look like there has been much sharing on this forum thread. I believe you are using the Egnyte Desktop App for Windows, right ? Have you already connected with our support team ? 

Regards

Sagar

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We just started on your platform and this has become a major issue on day 2 of our deployment. I will submit a ticket and we do need a solution.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Timothy,

It is best to connect with our support team. These issue will require our technicians to remote into any of your systems and take a look at what seems to be going wrong. I would encourage you to submit a support case at support@egnyte.com

Let me know if you are unable to do so and I can log one on your behalf. 

Thanks

Sagar

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had an extensive session with Egnyte's Tier 2 support a couple weeks ago, and apparently Sheet Set Manager does not like the global locking in Desktop App. The only workaround we found was to use Desktop Sync instead. Desktop Sync does not give me any issues with Sheet Set Manager.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

I believe Timothy is in touch with the support team. Timothy, would you mind sharing the outcome of your support case once it is closed ? 

Regards

Sagar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Brian Beaton
Steward

Jump to solution

The only way we can work with AutoCAD XREF/DREF is to "Sync For Offline Access" our XREF Folders and the base drawing folders. 

This is going to become an issue though since these files then get stored to the C: drive, (We have 250GB C: drives and 1TB D: drives).

Eventually our machines are going to slow down because we are filling up the C: drive with "Sync For Offline Access" cached files.

0 Kudos
Ritch W
Resident

Jump to solution

Kevin,

Curious if you are still having luck with Sheet Sets and Egnyte. I tried it and did not have luck; .dst file locking often with only me using it.

How did desktop sync help?

Thanks

Ritch

0 Kudos
Users online (256)