Did you mean: 

Available Space Display

Highlighted
Toby Wells2
Vigilante

Available Space Display

Jump to solution

We have a Storage Sync v11 server newly installed with 6TB of Space

Egnyte Drive on a Mac displays 249GB capacity and 206GB used with only 43GB available. On a Windows PC with the new v2.0.1 drive client it shows 200GB free. But neither display the 6TB that is free

So if I try and copy 44GB from my Mac to Egnyte drive will it work? Its seems very odd that the client cant determine the capacity and avaialble space when the webview can

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Available Space Display

Jump to solution

Hi Toby,

The storage space that you provision on the Storage Sync is locally available. It will not be displayed on the Egnyte Drive or as a matter of fact even on the Egnyte UI. 

The storage usage that you see on the MAC and Windows is basically picked up by the Egnyte Drive from the primary drive. For eg: - When you look at the storage usage for Egnyte Drive on Windows, also look at the storage usage of your 'C' drive. You will see that both are identical. 

For a 44GB data upload, I would recommend you use the Desktop Sync application (if you have it installed) or use the FTP upload. These are faster routes for your data to make it to the UI. You can look at the following article to make optimum use of the Egnyte Drive on MAC. 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/216961627-Mac-Egnyte-Drive-Best-Practices

I hope this helps. Should you have any more questions on this, please feel free to reply to this thread and I will be glad to answer them for you. 

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Available Space Display

Jump to solution

Hi Toby,

The storage space that you provision on the Storage Sync is locally available. It will not be displayed on the Egnyte Drive or as a matter of fact even on the Egnyte UI. 

The storage usage that you see on the MAC and Windows is basically picked up by the Egnyte Drive from the primary drive. For eg: - When you look at the storage usage for Egnyte Drive on Windows, also look at the storage usage of your 'C' drive. You will see that both are identical. 

For a 44GB data upload, I would recommend you use the Desktop Sync application (if you have it installed) or use the FTP upload. These are faster routes for your data to make it to the UI. You can look at the following article to make optimum use of the Egnyte Drive on MAC. 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/216961627-Mac-Egnyte-Drive-Best-Practices

I hope this helps. Should you have any more questions on this, please feel free to reply to this thread and I will be glad to answer them for you. 

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos