cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Information Modelling

Building Information Modelling

Jump to solution

Does anyone have any experience of using Egnyte as a common data environment CDE as part of their BIM journey?

If so how is it working for you

We are just starting the journey and would be grateful for any assistance from the community

Martin Hickey

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Brad Buckles1
Vigilante

Re: Building Information Modelling

Jump to solution

Martin,

Just curious to see if you made any progress on your question.   If this helps, I can explain our use-case and you can see if it is in alignment.

We have a centralized BIM Manager and he works with the majority of our drawings and models.  As you know, these files are substantial in size and transporting them to various offices and jobsites traditionally is a challenge.  We have utilized Storage Sync along with a very detailed structured folder setup.  Because of this, we have no problem distributing these models and drawings to any location.   This helps our office and jobsite staff by saving them time uploading and downloading these large sets using traditional technology.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Brad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your assistance and sharing your experience on the subject.

I have been toying around in Egnyte and I believe that it would do the job for us and provide a common data environment for sharing information and collaborating on design development with comments etc on drawings and tech subs.

I note the comment on large file sizes and as we move into hosting and sharing 3D models and above, the ability to share with linking will both save time and money.

I will continue to post here as we journey forward and thanks again for sharing

Regards

martin Hickey

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

@MartinJohnHickey - I'm asking around to see if we can get some ideas for you. Stay tuned!

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Julie,

Thanks for your help but no-one has offered any experience yet

regards

Martin Hickey

0 Kudos
Brad Buckles1
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hey Martin,

So this is a question that may require a bit of use-case understanding and perhaps a phone call.  Julie, please feel free to pass along my info to Martin.

We utilize BIM and are able to distribute the models as well as large sets of drawings to our project teams using the Egnyte Storage Sync and it works very well.  Feel free to contact me and we can discuss.

Thanks,

Brad Buckles

0 Kudos
Brad Buckles1
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Martin,

Just curious to see if you made any progress on your question.   If this helps, I can explain our use-case and you can see if it is in alignment.

We have a centralized BIM Manager and he works with the majority of our drawings and models.  As you know, these files are substantial in size and transporting them to various offices and jobsites traditionally is a challenge.  We have utilized Storage Sync along with a very detailed structured folder setup.  Because of this, we have no problem distributing these models and drawings to any location.   This helps our office and jobsite staff by saving them time uploading and downloading these large sets using traditional technology.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Brad

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your assistance and sharing your experience on the subject.

I have been toying around in Egnyte and I believe that it would do the job for us and provide a common data environment for sharing information and collaborating on design development with comments etc on drawings and tech subs.

I note the comment on large file sizes and as we move into hosting and sharing 3D models and above, the ability to share with linking will both save time and money.

I will continue to post here as we journey forward and thanks again for sharing

Regards

martin Hickey

0 Kudos
Users online (332)