cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move files from "My Links-->Links I've Received" to my "Private" folder on Egnyte

Highlighted
OB
Vigilante

Can I move files from "My Links-->Links I've Received" to my "Private" folder on Egnyte

Hi

Someone from my organization have shared 6 links for 6 Directories containing HUGE data that I need to refer to in the future.

Downloading the entire content (100's of GB of daya) is extreemly painful and practically, i don't need them on my laptop but need to refer to them on egnyte in the future.

The shared links will expire in few weeks hence, I won't be able to refer to them anymore.

I downloaded Egnyte Connect Desktop application. This, created a local virtual drive that emulates my Private/Shared folders on Egnyte BUT, there's still no option I can see to transfer the content of the shared links directly to my Egnyte folders rather than transferring it to the laptop and then to the virtual Egnyte disk.

Even when I try to download from company.egnyte.com to the egnyte drive on my laptop, the transfer takes ages and it seems it's coming first to my laptop then again uploaded to my egnyte cloud folder

Please help

OB

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Moderator Nars_Support

Re: Can I move files from "My Links-->Links I've Received" to my "Private" fo

Hi @OB 

If you're able to obtain or extract the full folder path (e.g. /Shared/Documents/Contents/) of the contents shared with you via a [Folder Link], and assuming you have sufficient folder permissions to the shared content, then you will have the option to [Copy] the contents to a folder (.e.g. /Private/OB/) of your choice.

Please refer to the following help desk article for information on how to copy folders: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/203668834-Advanced-Folder-Copy-and-Folder-Templates

If you don't have permissions to navigate to the actual folder path of the shared content, then you will need to reach out to the person who originally generated the [Folder Link] for alternative methods. 

Regards,
Nars

Tags (1)
0 Kudos